After my posting related to the chef and swine, a wise friend recalled the cupcake trend. Yes, it’s true, cupcakes are popping up on the radar at alarming speed. It’s fair to say the original gangster in the cupcake crusade remains New York’s own Magnolia Bakery (it also helped SJP threw down outside the shop- a little pink icing with a sugar flower). Then those tour buses invaded the once-quiet streets of the West Village (that grande tour is thankfully over (yes, the end of an era). Still, the boom continues with rich floury cupcakes and sweet icing swirled and decorated. In grand out with the old, Magnolia has been replaced by Billy’s Bakery in Chelsea. Oh well, as long as the masses get their cupcakes. Now, cupcake locations have popped up all over the states; wooing girls and their grandmothers in along with the sugar happy rush. I see a big cupcake on the Empire State Building soon.
What You Missed.
What You Missed.
- The New York City Streets by Jamel Shabazz.
- How the Others Lived…The Tenements.
- Snowy New Yorker Covers
- Vertical New York 1944.
- Old School Macy’s Parade.
- Charles W. Cushman’s New York.
- Georgia O’Keeffe’s New York City.
- Old Rock Flyers.
- Old Industrial NYC Snaps.
- Moments at Shea Stadium.
- History of Shea Stadium.
- COME CLOSER: Art Around The Bowery, 1969–1989
- Danny Lyon.
- My Sad Self.
- NYC, c. 1985
- Photo: Drawing by Aaron Curry, 2013. tmblr.co/ZOCfGy18_4gpG 4 days ago
- Photo: tmblr.co/ZOCfGy17BhUqs 3 weeks ago
- Photo: Nan Goldin, Variety Booth, New York City, 1983 tmblr.co/ZOCfGy16QvwJ1 1 month ago
- Photo: A bird’s-eye view of the color model of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Broadacre City. tmblr.co/ZOCfGy15rjzWa 1 month ago
- Photo: tmblr.co/ZOCfGy15qJ_Fh 1 month ago
- Photo: New Day - New Desk. tmblr.co/ZOCfGy154vD5p 1 month ago
- Photo: Like a snowflake. tmblr.co/ZOCfGy13qN9fi 1 month ago