After my posting related to the chef and swine, a wise friend recalled the cupcake trend. Yes, it’s true, cupcakes are popping up on the radar at alarming speed. It’s fair to say the original gangster in the cupcake crusade remains New York’s own Magnolia Bakery (it also helped SJP threw down outside the shop- a little pink icing with a sugar flower). Then those tour buses invaded the once-quiet streets of the West Village (that grande tour is thankfully over (yes, the end of an era). Still, the boom continues with rich floury cupcakes and sweet icing swirled and decorated. In grand out with the old, Magnolia has been replaced by Billy’s Bakery in Chelsea. Oh well, as long as the masses get their cupcakes. Now, cupcake locations have popped up all over the states; wooing girls and their grandmothers in along with the sugar happy rush. I see a big cupcake on the Empire State Building soon.
What You Missed.
What You Missed.
- Woolworth Turns 100.
- All The Buildings In New York.
- Spooky City.
- NYC, 1980′s by Paul Wright.
- Blank Slate NYC.
- Walt Whitman’s Mannahatta.
- Ezra Pound.
- Ezra Stoller.
- Anthony Burgess.
- Saul Bellow.
- Ada Louise Huxtable.
- Joel Meyerowitz’s NYC.
- Lobbies of the 1900′s.
- New York: Made Us This Way.
- Elliott Erwitt.
- Photo: looking up. tmblr.co/ZOCfGyl1QKdG 3 days ago
- Photo: wake up. tmblr.co/ZOCfGyk-8f1U 3 days ago
- Photo: women. Robot in a Robot World tmblr.co/ZOCfGykcdIHt 1 week ago
- Photo: Ah, of course! nevver: How to lose your boyfriend tmblr.co/ZOCfGyk4hBTk 2 weeks ago
- Photo: Intervention Now. tmblr.co/ZOCfGyjPNpA2 3 weeks ago
- Photo: On April - tmblr.co/ZOCfGyjE1rQb 3 weeks ago
- Photo: free falling… tmblr.co/ZOCfGygZV90D 2 months ago